Custom Software development is the process of creating software through successive phases in an organized manner. This includes the writing of the code, along with the preparation of the objectives and requirements, the design of the features that must be coded, and the confirmation that the resulting software has met the objectives.
What are the Software Development Phases?
The following phases comprise the software development Miami FL process: 1.) Identifying the required software; 2.) Analyzing the software requirements; 3.) Specifying the software requirements in a detailed manner; 4.) Creating the software design; 5.) Programming; 6.) Testing; and 7.) Maintenance.
Generally, the development of a commercial software results from marketplace demand while the development of an enterprise software is brought about by the problem or need being experienced within the enterprise environment.
What is Software Development Methodology?
The software development methodology guides the software development process employed by a software development company. It is also referred to as the systems development life-cycle models (SDLC), the development guidelines, than the process models. These methodologies include similar phases in software development Miami FL, namely the following:
- An evaluation of the proposed system is conducted and its deficiencies are identified by interviewing the support staff or the system users.
- The new scheme requirements are determined, with the goal of addressing the deficiencies in the present document. A proposal for improvement is made.
- The proposed solution for the system is designed. Plans are made regarding security issues, communications, programming, the operating systems, hardware, and physical construction.
- The new system is developed, with the new programs and components installed. The system users must undergo training on its use, and all performance aspects must be tested. Adjustments must also be made if needed.
- The system is implemented. One way of doing this is by phasing in the new system, in accordance to the location or application, then gradually replacing the old one. Another way to do it is to shut down the old system and implement the new system all at once. This is also a more cost-saving approach.
- After the system has been up and running for some time, it should undergo an exhaustive evaluation. The software must be rigorously maintained at all times, and the system users should be kept updated with the latest procedures and modifications.
In this regard, the systems development life cycle (SDLC) model is developed to provide a structured approach to the development of information systems. They guide all of the processes involved, starting from the first feasibility study until the finished application’s maintenance. The SDLC models also employ various Apaches to development.
Web Development Miami – What are the Different Systems Development Life Cycle Models?
This is considered the classic SDLC model. It uses a sequential and linear method where every development phase has goals that should be reached. It simplifies the scheduling of tasks because there are no overlapping or iterative steps. One disadvantage that it has is that it does not allow much flexibility when it comes to revisions.
This model involves the creation of a prototype. The prototype also undergoes testing and is revised as needed until an acceptable prototype that is achieved. With this, he complete system and product can be developed.
This model requires teams to work in parallel on single application modules. They would need to frequently synchronize their codes with that of the other teams. They should also frequently stabilize the code through the software development process.
The Spiral Model
This software development model combines the features of the waterfall model and the prototyping model. It is appropriate for large, complicated, and expensive projects.
Software Development Miami FL – What is The Open Source Software Development Process?
Open source software results from the collaborative efforts of developers. The source code can be freely modified and used. This concept came about because some developers had the belief that the competition among vendors led to the development of inferior products and that the best approach is to collaborate with each other.
An open source software should be available for redistribution to anyone without restriction. The source code must also be made available in order to allow others to modify or improve it. The license can require the development of the software’s improved version and the use of a different version or name from the original software. By competing with products that are proprietary, open source software prompt vendors to work much harder in order to hold on to their market share.
What are Some of the Best Practices for a Software Development Company?
The following are some of the top industry practices for software development:
- The selected life cycle model must be appropriate for the project because each of the processes involved is dependent on the model. Nevertheless, the implementation of any model is better than not implementing any model at all. Much of the project’s success depends on how well the project team adheres to the model.
- The software components must be reused when appropriate, but it should not use code that does not properly function for the intended purpose.
- Thoroughly gather requirements. This ensures that all parties agree on the requirements. They must also be documented.
- Do not promise something that you cannot deliver. Also, do not let someone who is not completely informed to negotiate with the client.
- Select the appropriate architecture for the application that will be developed.
- Accept that various things, such as the requirements, can change throughout the life of the project. As such, you should control them, but not in very rigid way.
- The completion of every project element must undergo a peer review process.
- The software design must be conducted with thoroughness and care, but it should still abide by the KISS principle, which stands for “Keep it simple.”
- In the project plan, the project should be split into manageable chunks, with concrete deadlines and milestones.
- Ensure accountability by making sure that the deadlines are clear. People should also proved explanations for whether the project team members made their deadlines; otherwise, they should provide an explanation for why they were not able to.